Rajasthan JET is a state level Joint Entrance Exam. Every year, Rajasthan JET held in order to grant admission in various agriculture courses. Rajasthan JET is a gateway for admissions in different courses like B.Sc. Agriculture (Honours), B.Tech-Food Technology, B.Tech-Dairy Technology, B.Sc. Horticulture (Honours), B.Sc. Forestry (Honours), etc. Here candidate can check complete details about Rajasthan JET including important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
Eligibility Criteria for JET
Before filling the online application form for JET, the candidate must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions to various courses. Eligibility criteria for admission to JET for various courses shall be as under:
The candidates must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks. Candidate must have cleared 10+2 examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan, Ajmer or any other Statutory Board or any examination recognized equivalent to it in any of the following subjects:
Note: A relaxation of 5% marks would be given to candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC
Age Limit – The maximum age limit for the candidate is 25 years.
Exam Pattern for JET
There is a single question paper for all the candidates who are aspiring to appear in JET for admission in the undergraduate programme in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy Technology, and Food Technology.
|Duration of the exam
|The medium of the Test
||Bilingual, i.e., the paper shall be set in both English and Hindi
|The Question Paper for JET would be available in the following five subjects namely
The candidates desiring admission in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Forestry/Fisheries/Food and Dietetics may attempt any three subjects. For admission in Dairy Technology and Food Technology, candidates must attempt Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics only.
Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer (Negative marking). If more than one option is chosen, it will be treated as the wrong answer. No marks will be awarded or deducted for unmarked/ unattempted questions.
Domicile Criteria/ Residential Requirement
Only Rajasthan domicile candidates can apply for JET and also a candidate must fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for JET:
- The candidate must have studied for the last three years in the qualifying examination continuously as a regular student in a recognized institution in Rajasthan i.e. passed 10th and 10+2 (in the qualifying subjects) from Rajasthan.
- Natural Father/Mother of the candidate has been continuously residing in Rajasthan for a period of last 10 years and the candidate has studied for at least 5 years during this period in the recognized educational institution in Rajasthan.
- The candidate must be a bonafide resident of Rajasthan. He/She may be presently studying in any of the states other than Rajasthan.
- The candidate is a son/daughter of a serving or retired employee of (a) Government of Rajasthan and Officer of All India Services the State Cadre of Rajasthan or (b) Undertaking/ Corporation/ Improvement Trust/ Municipal Bodies duly constituted by the Government of Rajasthan by an act of Law or (c) any of the Universities in Rajasthan or Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan provided that the employee has worked in Rajasthan for three years preceding the last date of submission of the application.
- Candidate is a son/daughter of a permanent or retired employee of Indian Defense Service and the employee is either of Rajasthan origin irrespective of his/her place of posting or is posted in Rajasthan at the time of last date of the application for admission provided that in case the defensive personnel is of Rajasthan origin, a Certificate has to be submitted by him/her from the employer to the effect that his/her State of origin is Rajasthan at the time of entry in to service.
- Candidate is a son/daughter of permanent (serving/retired) employee of Para-Military Forces of India and the employee is either of Rajasthan origin irrespective of his/her place of posting or is posted in Rajasthan at the time of last date of application for admission provided that in case of Para-Military Personnel from the Rajasthan origin, a certificate has to be submitted by him/her from the employer to the effect that his/her State of origin is Rajasthan at the time of entry into service.
- The candidate is a son/ daughter of a Judge of Rajasthan High Court subject to that he/she submits an undertaking/affidavit stating that such benefit is not claimed or availed by them in any other State